Thursday, May 13, 2004

Well, I finally heard from the interview...I didn't get it, but some lucky aboriginal who invoked their right to affirmative action did. Good for her I say. She will fit right into that native community. But, they mentioned that they had a number of other opportunities they wished for me to consider and interview for. I gently turned them down, explaining my reasons for needed to stay in place for one more year. They fully understood and advised me to contact them next year if I became interested once again. Incidentally, though, they did have my co-worker's name on their list to call for a interview, so I was excited to hear that!

Then I got another call, just about the same thing - we have some opportunities coming up that we would like you to interview for. When it rains it pours! So again, I explained how I needed to stay home for at least one more year and that I would likely look at moving north next year. She fully understood, and also had my co-worker's name on her list to call...eerie!

Sunny here today, but not so warm. I am supposed to be getting things ready for the yard sale in two days...haven't done a thing, but better get hopping tonight. The resident teen also has boxes of stuff, so will put her to work today also, pricing it.

Now I have to take my car in for repair, which is thankfully covered by insurance. They want to replace the filter (which one, I don't know but will have to ask). I will be glad to get rid of the buzzing muffler...the front gasket on the exhaust needs replacing.

I finally got my hands on a movie I have been in search of for many years - "Where the Spirit Lives" with Buffy Ste. Marie. It was originally aired on CBC, and I have been looking for it all over, including CBC and e-bay. Found it on e-bay a number of times but the auction always climbs up rather steeply to about $70-80US, so this particular time, perhaps the seller didn't recognize the value of the movie, but he listed it with a buy it now price of just $15.99, so I snapped it up! Coincidence is, he lives here in Nova Scotia! So it is bought and paid for and should arrive today or tomorrow. Score!

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page