Saturday, May 08, 2004

well that was a lovely evening with friends...got invited out to my friends R. and A.'s new digs...they have moved into R.'s parents' house for a year while the parents travel on their sailboat. We we ate and ate and ate bbq, and watched funny stuff on television. Nice to have an evening out, thanks to A. for rescuing me, and Brad, who also came along as the resident teenager was working til midnight tonight.

A GALE of wind today...I braved it to put some clothes out on the line...silly woman...it all blew off...my tablecloth was in the neighbor's tree. But it was dry, so I can't complain too loudly! If it wasn't for the wind, it would have been a nice day, but at times the gusts were wicked and blew dust and dirt all around in your eyes.

tomorrow is Mother's Day, but the resident youth in the home decided I should receive my gifts and cards today...Brad gave me a lovely bouquet of periwinkle blue hydrangeas, and Amber gave me a lovely book that I can't remember the name of, but is a funny book with drawings and things about being a child of your mother. All that's left is breakfast in bed tomorrow morning!

My last day off tomorrow and then back to the grind...who knows what the week will hold for me...I'm sure you will hear about it here...

 
Locations of visitors to this page