Tuesday, May 11, 2004

so Brad cooked supper for us tonight...it was delicious! Broiled pork cutlets, rice, and potatoes. Lots of starch, but I love it! And THEN he did the dishes...who can complain about that? He worked all day at his work experience, came home and cooked supper then did the dishes...he must feel like a wife by now! I think he was even a little jealous of Amber who lounged around ALL day, doing nothing. But then she works about the same amount of time as he does, just on different days and in the evenings. He has all of his evenings off. She worked all weekend, where he had it all to himself. We shall see how the division of chores fares out when they move in together.

Day two back to work...great start...jumped out of bed, got dressed for work without looking outside in a short skirt and a tank top, thinking it would be nice out as the weather network said it would be on the net today...went downstairs and darn near froze...looked outside and it was pissing rain...could have done that first, but didn't...so back upstairs, changed outfit to long skirt and longsleeved sweater. Just as well, when I got to work, my co-worker headed down to court on a subpoena and shortly after came racing back up only to tell me that they actually needed me, not her! EEEK! I hadn't read a thing, or prepared in any way for the trial!!! So off I race to print off the case file and quickly skim the part they will surely ask me about, and thankfully I was dressed decently enough for court. I wait ALL morning to go on the stand, only to get up there at 11:45am for about 5 minutes...sheesh...one of the hold-ups was truly classic...they needed a video camera or a converter to watch the evidence tape as it was only recorded on 8mm...and didn't have one. They searched for about 20-30 minutes and when I asked what the problem was, I asked them politely why they didn't try the high school next door for one...they have their own TV lab, and the largest computer lab in the province, with tons of video equipment...oh really? Guess who gets appointed to carry out this task...lol...So off I race to sign out a camera so the trial could continue...gawd I feel like I live in a hick town sometimes!!!

Another hot topic at work is our upcoming camping trip on the long weekend...it is still rather chilly and we are rethinking the whole idea as we don't want to freeze to death on the ground...so looking at cabins in which to camp instead, just for this trip and then as it warms up, tenting will be fine. There is nothing like a night out in the country to begin the summer season!

here's to the continuing saga of getting my pictures...I haven't written about it because it is too ridiculous, but I am just pissed off now. As you know, I was too cheap to put mine in the one hour photo, so dropped them in the cheaper option at Wal-mart where they send them away...didn't know that it was to HAMILTON, but anyway...I had specified what I wanted, which was 4x6 prints, matte finish and white borders...didn't know they didn't do white borders. So I get a call last week, on Friday afternoon - we don't do white borders. Ok I say, then just print them regular. Ok she says, and tells me they won't be ready until about Tuesday since they came to customer service, it slowed them down and they have already shut down the processing lab today as it is late on Friday afternoon. Ok says me...fine...whatever. If that was only the end...

Yesterday they call and tell me they can't do white borders...um, I tell them I have already talked to someone about this and understood they were going to just print them normally and I would have them tomorrow...oh, ok, I will make a note of that and let them know. Duh, what did your coworker do last week then? If that was only the end...

Today I got another call...they can't do the white borders...ok, this is enough...I already told your company yesterday AND on Friday that it was okay, just print them without and send them back to me. REALLY she says, I have no record that you spoke to anyone. I am evil now. I tell her if they are not back to Wal-Mart tomorrow, to just send the damn things back to me and I will take my business elsewhere. I tell her that I have better things to do than to call their customer service desk and wait for 20 minutes to speak to them only to be told the same darn thing again and again. I tell her that I will never use their service again. She tells me she doesn't blame me and that she will make a note of my call. Tomorrow shall be fun. I am going to Wal-mart in person to pick up my photos.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page