Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Time to find Peace

now today was a better day...still stressful, lots of stuff to do at work and a busy day, but no crying or falling apart. it was all about GETTING THE JOB DONE. so I can take my time off guilt free (if there is such a thing). I didn't get all the time I was looking for because of stuff at work. Most people think they are indispensable and aren't really, but in this job, sometimes you have certain responsibilities that have your name on it and aren't transferable. Our agency has made a decision to pursue a court action against a family, and I am the agent (name who goes on the affidavit) and HAVE to finish the affidavit by Monday, and then be in court on Thursday. No one else can do it because I am the caseworker with all the information and it is my assessment that we are basing the court application on. So there, just when I try to get some time off, I am SUCKED BACK INTO THE VORTEX. If I absolutely pressed them, I could just take sick time and tell them I am not available, and legally, there wouldn't be anything they could do. However, that would be career sabotage I think so I will simply take some time off around this pesky court thing.

I was able to get through the day just knowing I would be getting some time for me this week. So now that I am home...WHAT A RELIEF!!! And many have asked, ok, what are you going to do for you? Well, we got a flyer in the mail the other day about swedish healing massage and dammit, I'm going to sign me up for one this week. This local gal is offering 90 minutes of healing stone massage for just $40. How can I pass it up???

So there, that's the update, no cracker crumbs today...

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page