Tuesday, October 26, 2004

101 Things About Me

borrowing this idea from another blog I stumbled across... http://madkata.blogspot.com/

Here are 101 things about me...and like the gal above says, not things I like or hate about me, just THINGS.


  1. my hair is purple...'pimpin purple to be exact. I have also had it virgin rose, blue mayhem, and candy apply red as well as regular colors like black, brown and auburn.
  2. I have one kitty, Via - a calico cat, who is 7 years old
  3. I have one daughter, Amber, who is 18 years old
  4. I have one ex-husband, who is going to be 50 on his birthday (hey old man)
  5. I am auntie, many times over. On my side, I have three nephews and one niece. On my ex's side, I had 23 neices and nephews, and about 17 grand neices and nephews
  6. I took piano lessons when I was in grade 3 and hated my teacher
  7. I was on the badminton team in high school. Even got a school letter. We never won a game.
  8. I once dated a sailor in the US Navy, from New York. His name was Raoul, and I still have the sailor hat he gave me.
  9. I went out on a date with a police detective, who was much older than me. He was the older brother of the bartender I was good friends with in Labrador. Nice man, never heard from him again. He was just to take me out for dinner, since I was brand new to the place (Mississauga)
  10. My first kiss was with a boy named Jim in grade 4. He was in grade 6. I can hardly remember it. My second kiss was with Hughie O'Brien, my first true crush, in grade 7. We "went together" for about 2.5 months, then some stupid girl named Zena broke us up by telling lies about us. I hated her.
  11. My last kiss was from a guy I met online last fall and went on one wonderful date with. He never called again either.
  12. I used to play the guitar when I was a teenager, and my friend Eugene was teaching me. I think he has passed on now, but I'll never forget those fun lessons...I sucked, but when I played with him during a party, no one noticed.
  13. I used a gun before, a .303 rifle. My first shot missed the target by miles, and the second one parted the ground. so much for that. I also used a .22, several times down at our cabin to scare off the squirrels
  14. I once met Mr. Dressup, with Casey and Finnegan, while working at a daycare in Labrador
  15. I also met Josh Morrow, who plays Nick Newman on The Young and the Restless and had my picture taken with him (his arm around me).
  16. My daughter dated a boy once who went to school with Avril Lavigne
  17. My former next door neighbor was Ashley MacIsaac's mother
  18. I have only been to two rock concerts - Trooper and April Wine, both when they were OLD.
  19. I hate country music.
  20. I used to work as a security guard, often using guard dogs to protect me and the site. We used german shepards and doberman pincers.
  21. my first job was as a pinsetter in a bowling alley. I think I made about $2 a day, which I usually spent some of at the snack bar that day
  22. I used to be a good bowler, and won two trophies as a youth
  23. I love to snowmobile (and call it skidooing) and once owned my own skidoo, but sold it to my father when I moved away from skidoo country a few years ago
  24. I hate shopping for bras more than anything else I shop for.
  25. I own three sewing machines and can actually sew pretty good. Not perfect though. I have sewn many dresses, including some for myself, my daughter, for graduations and many bridesmaids dresses, and two wedding gowns. My favorite machine is an old one belonging to my grandmother, which I learned to sew on when I was a kid. Its one of those old black iron ones, I just love it.
  26. I can also crochet (not very well), knit, do needlepoint, cross-stitch, embroidery, and I can even rug hook (and not just those mary maxim kind, the real kind with a frame and burlap)
  27. I have travelled to Ireland, England, Belgium, Italy, France, Guatemala, Belize, and the USA.
  28. I never lived in a place that had a dishwasher since I left home, and now I do, it doesn't work.
  29. I hate curry. I hate the smell of curry.
  30. I can speak marginal Spanish and French
  31. I was baptised in the Anglican Church
  32. I don't go to church, except when something is happening to other people...wedding, christening, funeral
  33. I meditate occasionally and have for many years since I first attended a Buddhist group meditation in Waterloo
  34. I miss my daughter, who lives 3 hours away
  35. I once worked a gas station attendant for Sunoco in Mississauga and HATED it
  36. I applied for the miltary, twice. And passed all tests except the eye exam, both times.
  37. I have myopia with an astigmatism and wear both glasses and contacts (not at the same time)
  38. I have only had my tarot cards read once (properly)
  39. I used to weigh just 135lbs, and thought I was overweight and had big thighs.
  40. I've broken my arm, twice. The first time I didn't know I did, and it went untreated. I found out about the old fracture when I was x-rayed for the second break in the same arm. I think it was from when my brother hit me in the arm with a crib board. I remember not being able to write for over a week
  41. I've had stitches over my eye, twice, and once in my hand.
  42. I used to smoke, but quit in 1987
  43. I used to sell Tupperware
  44. my favorite actor is Matthew McConaughey
  45. my favotire actress is Julia Roberts
  46. my favorite movie character of all time is Augustus McRae in Lonesome Dove, played by Robert Duvall
  47. I like to read Torey Hayden, Amy Tan, Stephen King, and many of the books from Oprah's book club (not because she picks them, but because they happen to be pretty good books)
  48. I hate sports. I especially hate listening to them in the background, such as hockey, baseball, curling and golf.
  49. my first star crush was Scott Baio, from Happy Days, Chachi. My best friend, Gisele, was in love with Leif Garrett and we bought every teen magazine on the stand
  50. my first favorite band was the Bay City Rollers, and then Meatloaf
  51. my father was in the military for 22.5 years as a radar technician. my brother is in the military for the past 18+ years as something else. ( I can never remember)
  52. I attended 10 schools over the course of 13 years of education. I lived in 21 different houses or apartments in my 37 years
  53. I am allergic to dust, grasses, and pollen; I have a sensitivity to perfumes and other smelly things, especially vanilla, which is kind of like a sledgehammer in the head
  54. I have had a computer and the internet for over 10 years.

to be continued another night...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sheeesh what are you going to do on those long winter nights maybe you should up it to 1001 things?

S.

Dreama said...

Stay tuned...I may just make it to 1001 yet...hi Susan...

 
Locations of visitors to this page