Thursday, October 07, 2004

Proud Owner of a New Aquarium!!!

Well, I had already written this post and LOST it, so will go through it again...I just bought myself a real aquarium...now I've had a fishbowl with a tetra in it, and a three gallon one before, with goldfish and neon's in it, but this time I went whole hog...20 gallon setup with tons of extras, and some beautiful tropical fish...here's what I bought:

  1. 3 columbian tetras
  2. 3 froot loop tetras (their name, real name is painted glass)
  3. 1 neon glassfish
  4. 3 pristella tetras
  5. 3 brilliant rasboras
  6. 2 honey flame gouramis

and a partridge in a pear tree...heh heh, no, actually a hygro polysperma. I bought a cool log with plants in it, some gravel in various colors, and now I have to set it up when I get home tomorrow night. And then possibly the next night I can put them in the tank. The tank needs to acclimatize, and filter itself before I can plunk them in with some of their water. Hope the ride home isn't too traumatic for them! They are currently in a stryfoam cooler they gave me at the pet store...slosh, slosh...

I'm so excited...hopefully we can all cohabitate together well...me, the fish, and KITTY...at least this tank is big enough that she can't knock it over, and has a good lid, so she can't go fishing...

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page