Sunday, October 03, 2004

Me and My Sister

My sister and I finally escaped last night for some beers at the pub...we went out about 8pm and came home around 1am, closed the place! I didn't have much to drink, just four bottle, but my sister had 6 large drafts, and since she hasn't really been drinking much at all for the past several years due to pregnancy or breastfeeding, she got very drunk. It was good to see her so relaxed and we talked the night away. We hadn't been out in so many years, I don't even remember when...likely in Grand Bruit, going to the Cramalott Inn. Other than that, it was when she still lived in Enfield and we went out to the bars in Halifax one night with some friends of hers.

My time here is getting short...just two more days after this one...I leave the night after next. Gord will be driving me to Prince George where I'll stay with a friend of K.'s until my flight the next morning (wee hours). Then I fly ALL DAY and arrive in Halifax at 10:30pm, where the non-resident teenager will be picking me up at the airport. We'll hang at her house until Friday after she gets off work, and then head home to Cape Breton for the holiday weekend. TURKEY DINNER HERE I COME!!! I tried to cook a turkey dinner here, amidst the chaos, but it wasn't the same...no one came to dinner, not even Gord as he was busy cutting up his moose, and we didn't have half the regular trimmings I usually have, and only one of the boys was home. So I am looking forward to the big dinner I'll put on for Amber and my friends next weekend...Turkey (that actually has both legs and the wings...something our fine feathered friend here did not) cranberry sauce, potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, fresh rolls, fresh baked apple pie, sweet corn, gravy, and a nice bottle of Merlot...YUM! Its sort of a potluck as my friends would rather that, so who knows what they'll bring as well.

So I'll leave here on Tuesday, thankful for having the opportunity to have gotten to know my nephews a little better and with any luck, they'll talk to me on the phone now that they know who I am. I'll also be able to picture them when my sister is on the phone with me, and I hear them running around, screaming and hollering...

My youngest nephew is going to be christened later today, so that should be nice...we all head up to the inlaws after that for a wiener roast/picnic. There will be plenty of children...my sister's three boys, her sister-in-law's three boys of the same age, her other sister-in-law has one as old as the oldest, plus whatever friends come with their children...thankfully we will all be outside!

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page