Sunday, October 24, 2004

Weekend is over...now WHAT?

So, I've had a fairly productive weekend, more than usual. I was off on Friday, so managed to claw my way through the 6 loads of laundry waiting for me in my room. I hadn't done any since coming back from vacation and I just hate doing it...well, not really, I just hate getting started. I love putting away clean clothes, especially if I was able to put some outside on the line. Which I did. Amazingly enough, it wasn't raining on my day off, which is unusual. I didn't put much out, as not everything looks good after hanging on the line, but I put out enough, and it did smell rather nice. awwww...

So that was Friday's chore...on Saturday, it was cleaning up the house, including those dreaded floors. I swear, having no carpet makes for a dirtier house. And I HATE cleaning the floor...actually, I just hate doing chores in general. So I got to work, dragged out all the crap from the kitchen into the living room, swept the floors, then vacuumed up the HUGE dust bunnies (comprised mostly of cat fur, go figure) and mopped up the floors. And boy were they filthy...I guess tracking my shoes all over the floor really does make them dirty...heh heh. And then I had to sweep up again after they dried, to get the last of the dirt and dust. Now they smell clean. Good. Now for the rest of the rooms...sounds like a project for another day. I was pooped after that effort. Then I headed over to my friends house, A. and R. for a lovely visit, getting home late into the night.

Today, I cleaned up the dishes. Stupid dishwasher makes them even filthier, so I had to wash most of them all over again. Last time I use that beast. Then I set about cutting out pieces for my quilt...got that done...why not sew it up...so I did that too. All done. Now I need the fill and the backing and I'll have a lovely quilt. I also wrote the 2004 edition of the Christmas Notes I send out to everyone instead of a Christmas card.

So all in all, a productive weekend. Now to relax for the rest of the night. And I have only had one duty call (shhhhhh) all weekend. What a switch from last weekend where every teenager decided it was time to WHINE and piss everyone off...

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page