Monday, October 11, 2004

That's One Dead Duck, er, Turkey

Well, I arrived home safe and sound, and spent the weekend hanging out with the kid, setting up the aquaraium, and cleaning house for the big turkey day today. Had a bunch of friends over as did Amber and we managed to make short work of most of the turkey and trimmings. What was left over, I sent on up with Amber for Brad, who couldn't make it, and brought some treats to my next door neighbors, who love them. Now I just have the dishes to finish up. I have a dishwasher this year, so loaded it up with the first load - plates, glasses and cutlery...the next load is the pots and pans. What a treat! We sat around and drank wine instead of hiding in the kitchen this year!

The bird was amazing, which was grand as there is nothing worse than a dried up turkey. This one cooked up very well, and the vegetables were a little stuck on to the pots, but otherwise survived. I even had salt pork riblets and figgy duff, complete with brown sugar rum sauce! It was a hit, especially since I didn't have a white dishtowl to steam it in, so I had to use my blue plaid one...we had striped pudding! It tasted just as good, so that was fine!

Now I only have a small bit of turkey to manage for the next couple of days and no other leftovers, just the cookies....which will be just FINE with me!!!

alright...back to the galley, skipper...

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page