Friday, October 08, 2004

Friday Again

well, here we are again, hello Friday. I have the energy of a dead tree branch. I didn't sleep much last night, thanks again to good old jet lag. they say it takes a day for each time zone you cross...great...I crossed through four. at least I don't have to work until Tuesday, there's that. I really don't have anything to do today except for loll around and eventually pack the car, including my new aquafriends. I hadn't realized that both Amber and Brad would be working the ENTIRE time I was here for a visit, so I have been left to my own devices since Thursday morning when they exited the apartment. Which is not the end of the world.

I did call a few friends, but one was busy and couldn't get together last night for supper as she is going away for the long weekend with her kids and has to pack. Then I tried to call my [ex] neice whom I haven't seen in a couple ofyears but recently moved to Halifax, but can't get an answer there. She might be at work, or have gone somewhere for Thanksgiving weekend. So here I am, alone in the apartment with my new aquafriends, just lolling about. Had a short nap, but then remembered everything I've read about getting over jet lag...try to sleep only during your regular sleep time in order to force your body back to your own time zone...rats.

But then, I think about all the whining I did about how tired and busy I was at my sister's house because of my darling nephews running me ragged, and I recall saying I needed a vacation from my vacation...so here I am. two full days with not a lot to do, why can't I just RELAX??? So that's the plan...to have a ME day today. Not that yesterday wasn't, but today I will be sure to. I'm heading out in a bit to prowl around a fabric store for something to make a couch quilt with, something I really like, unlike my many scrap quilts (which are also nice) but with fabric that matches! Then I'm going to treat myself to lunch at Swiss Chalet, just over on the next street. This afternoon, I will lounge around the apartment, watching crap tv, and eating bon bons, or something like that. If I hadn't spent so much bling on my aquafriends, I would have had money to go shopping all day...not that I regret buying them, just a note.

So here I go, off to RELAX.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page