Wednesday, October 27, 2004

55. I like to paint in watercolor and actually have framed one of my creations and hung it in my bedroom.
56. I have three degrees – a BA in Sociology, with an option in Legal Studies and Criminology; a BA in Social Development Studies; and a Bachelor of Social Work and they are all from the University of Waterloo
57. I have enormous student loans, but am paying them off, slowly.
58. I ran away from home, twice. Once when I was about 10 years old. I was gone for the whole day and hid in the woods by the school. I packed everything important to me in a train case. The second time, I was 15 and I left for three days and packed everything in a gym bag.
59. I was once infatuated with a TA for my sociology class. He was just a very good looking, intelligent man from Poland. And married.
60. My favorite movie of all time is Lonesome Dove.
61. I hate doing housework, of any kind. I like the feeling when it is done though.
62. I like cooking, but only if someone is coming for dinner. I hate cooking for one.
63. I was bullied in junior high school, mercilessly. If I had my time back, as the person I am today…things would have been different.
64. I have part ownership of a house in Newfoundland with my ex-husband. And that’s the only property I own.
65. I lease my car, but will likely get stuck buying it because I am WAYYY over on the mileage, due to work.
66. I have driven from one end of this country to the other and back, by myself (as the only driver)
67. I pick up hitchhikers all the time, but do try to be choosy.
68. I once picked up a former skinhead who showed me his Nazi tattoos, and how he was changing them into something else.
69. I do not believe in God in the traditional sense.
70. I once participated in a Peace March, earlier this year. It was winter, and there were only about 12 of us, and we darn near froze to death. We walked the Barra Strait Bridge in Cape Breton and it was worth it.
71. I began smoking when I was 11 years old and stupid.
72. I first tried marijuana when I was 13 years old, with a boyfriend of mine at the time.
73. I once had a dog named Zipper who loved to crap at the top of the stairs outside my bedroom door, right before anyone took him out in the morning…plop, plop, plop…he is someone else’s problem now.
74. I never snuck out of the house while growing up, although I often lied about where I was when out.
75. the first time I was asked to dance by a boy, I was so embarrassed that I ran out of the gym and went home. He looked like one of the Bay City Rollers and was the cutest guy on my street.
76. my favorite camping experience was with my dad on the banks of the river near Goose Bay, Labrador. The ice was breaking up and he had shown me how to make many things out of sticks to use while camping.
77. my least favorite camping experience was last summer when the campground owner died and I was giving him CPR.
78. I’ve only used my first aid training one other time, when a fellow was knocked out cold by a post with a pulley on it. I applied pressure to the gash in his head to keep him from bleeding to death, and me and another guy turned him over when he started choking on his own blood. The town presented me (and the other guy) with a certificate of appreciation for the effort.
79. I have climbed the Eiffel Tower
80. I have been up the CN Tower, about 5 times
81. I have been to the Colliseum in Rome
82. I once tripped and fell flat on my face outside Buckingham Palace, skinning over both my knees, my hands, my face and my elbows. I was pinned to the ground by my 50lb backpack.
83. I was first on the radio when I was 6 or 7 years old and we lived in a circular trailer park that had the radio station in the centre.
84. I was interviewed by CBC Radio numerous times, and by VOCM Radio. I was also misquoted several times by them.
85. I was on CBC television twice – once on Land and Sea and once on the news
86. I once wrote a commentary for CBC Radio and was paid $100 for it
87. I’ve been misquoted in the Gulf News more times than I can count. They are such a substandard newspaper, they are an embarrassment to the province.
88. I moved out from home when I was 17 for 3 weeks, hated my roomies, so moved back. I later moved out at 18 and never really went back (except for 8 months in my 20’s).
89. I was married at 19. Lets not go there. After all, this is not a confessional.
90. I never owned a teddy bear when I was a kid
91. of all the roles I have in life, being a mother to Amber has been the most satisfying
92. being a wife was the least satisfying (to that partner, anyhow)
93. I broke one of my front eye teeth when I was a kid. I had knocked over a post that was holding up a little chain around a parking lot with my kite and when I brought it back to upright, it rocked towards my mouth and broke my tooth off.
94. I once dated an American in the Air Force, who was a wonderful man named Chris. He was blond haired and blue eyed, and just beautiful. He went back to his base in the states, and I moved to Ontario. We’ve never met again.
95. I once wrote a children’s book and was rejected by three publishers. I need an illustrator and haven’t done a thing with it since.

96. I have worked a number of times as a construction worker, building a house, a medical clinic, and renovating a church. I also helped build my house in Newfoundland, from concrete to paint.

97. my favorite television show is ER.

98. My favorite classic television show is MASH

99. I first drank beer when I was camping with my cousins for a family reunion. I got very drunk.

100. I once owned and wore a red satin cowboy shirt with pearl snaps on it and a white fringe.

101. I can’t believe I finished this list, and that you read it.

2 comments:

Big Hoser said...

Sweet! That was like 99 things I didn't know about you. Pretty good, eh?

I'd actually read the original one a while ago too. Must be my turn to copy it...

Madley said...

Hey, thanks for the shout out! And your 101 Things was a terrific read -- we have Scott Baio in common ;) (And one of my fave books was "Fall On Your Knees" which was set in Nova Scotia.) And go #61 - I hate doing housework, but love when it's done -- woo hoo!

 
Locations of visitors to this page