Friday, October 15, 2004

So much to RAMBLE about and so little time

Its been a busy week...Thanksgiving dinner on Monday, back to work on Tuesday, criminal court on Wednesday, drove to Halifax that afternoon, training on Thursday, drove back home that afternoon, Survivor last night, and tonight I have a Rummoli game going on at my house...phew!

So in criminal court, the guy who was charged appeared without a lawyer...the charges came from LAST SEPTEMBER and so the judge asked him how come he didn't have a lawyer, and his reply... "well, I didn't think it was serious until I was convicted, so I thought I'd get a lawyer then". Well, son, you have been charged with sexual assault, invitation to sexual touching, and assault...THINK AGAIN. So she [the judge] gave him a second chance and we all have to appear again in February. And oh yeah, GET A LAWYER! It was all I could do to keep from laughing out loud, but then I would be the one in trouble...heh heh.

Drove to Halifax later that day, checked into my hotel only to find out that I had been bumped up to GOLD level, no extra charge. Whoo hoo! Things really are better there. Just small stuff, but nice to be a little pampered. There were fuzzy white bathrobes in the closet, the bed gets turned down for you and the pillows fluffed and arranged, there is free high speed internet, free local calls, breakfast served in your room (free of course), the mini-bar is stocked (but unfortunately NOT free) and so on. Too bad I wasn't in my room much to enjoy it. I met a friend in Chester (more driving!) for supper and we chatted endlessly about all the latest news and gossip. She used to work at our agency, and moved last year. It was great to catch up! Then I spent a couple of hours with Amber before heading back to the hotel.

Training the next day at Dalhousie campus...well, it was not at all what I had expected. The day started off on the wrong foot anyhow, despite the lovely breakfast in my room, then I had to try to find the security office on Dalhousie campus, and it wasn't where they said it was, so I drove around and around until I finally gave up and called them to ask where it was...on a different street than listed. Anyhow, got to the training where the instructor proceeded to talk about herself for about 40 minutes...which really bugs me...we spend all this money on training and we get someone selling themselves and their books. Then we get into what the training is about and I am not enjoying it. Ordinarily, I might...it was all about visualizations - sit back in your chair, feet on the floor, relax, breathing in and out, blah, blah, blah...and close your eyes...well...recall just what happens to ME when I sit back and relax and close my eyes...you guessed it...that darn mycolonus - twitching and jerking. Sure, I am just in the mood to twitch and jerk in front of a bunch of strangers...forget it...so I patiently wait through that exercise, only to discover it makes up the bulk of the day...so after the third 20 minute one, I was getting rather frustrated. THEN, from outside on the street, comes this gawdawful music and loudspeaker rumbling away, totally blocking out most of the speaker's voice. And did I mention that the organizers thought this was a good room, and placed crappy plastic chairs in there that were locked together so that you were jammed close like sardines. I was so uncomfortable and my butt was numb...I decided at lunch time I had just about enough and left. It was either that or explode. And that would not have been nice.

So I got into my car, did a little shopping for my halloween costume and headed home. Just let me get into my house and be alone for a while. Thankfully, my roomie and a friend were there, but were leaving for Yoga for part of the evening, giving me the time alone in my house that I needed. Then I had a friend come over for a couple of hours and we watched SURVIVOR!

So Rummoli tonight is potluck supper as well...YUMMY! I'm hoping for a good time and no interruptions...I'm on call again for the next two weeks. I am also hoping to win lots of money...or as much as one can win when playing with nickels...

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page