Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Homeward Bound

Well, the time is drawing near. I leave this afternoon for Prince George, and catch my early flight out tomorrow morning...another LONG day. I arrive in Halifax tomorrow night at 10:30pm...yawn...

Its been a wonderful visit, with plenty of opportunity to visit with my nephews, even if I did get sick...the next time I see them they will likely be much more grown up, and possibly in school! My sister and I didn't get as much time in to visit like we're used to, but then our lives are not the same anymore. We used to spend hours playing cards and watching movies, chatting the whole while...now its more like changing diapers, feeding children and doing household chores...keeping up. We managed a half game of cards, and an evening of playing Probe (a board game) and then we went out the pub this past weekend for the night. That's about it. We are both too tired at the end of the day, by the time the little tykes settle in for the night, to do anything and usually fell asleep watching television. How our lives have changed! The last time she visited me, I was the mommy and she was the single and carefree gal...

I've got my bags packed, and I think I actually have more to bring home, although I brought lots of stuff out here...I bought the youngun something yesterday, a pewter ladybug to wear on her backpack to remember me when I'm not there. Hopefully she'll like it. I had wanted to get a sign that I saw in the gift shop in Smithers last week, but I didn't buy it at the time and we didn't get back there...darn it. It was a sillouette of a tourist with a camera being chased by a moose - "Tourist Crossing"...I thought it was hilarious! I'll have to check on e-bay to see if I can get one there.

The weather has been beautiful the whole time I've been here. some rain when I first arrived, but nothing since, and it warmed up considerably after that first week. Nice fall weather...who could ask for more? I'm hoping to take the boys back to the park today for one last playtime with them.

So, the next entry will be from Nova Scotia, either from Amber's or from home...wish me a safe flight!

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page