Monday, November 01, 2004

Another 101 things about me (or nearly so)

Now you may know these things...and you may not. But I thought of some more and wanted to continue... read on...

  1. I squeeze the toothpaste from the middle and I don't care either what it looks like. It will call come out just the same. I usually just throw it out when I get tired of it and buy another one, with a better flavour, if I don't lose it first by leaving it at someone's house.
  2. when I was in high school, I got kicked out of class numerous times. Only at Stephenville Integrated High though. I was a better girl at all my other schools. Apparently there is a famous story still circulated about me and why I got kicked out this one time from Biology class. Its true, I just can't believe they remember it. It had to do with a detailed report I gave to the teacher as to why I was late.
  3. my Biology teacher's name was Mr Combden...of course, we never called him that. Mr Condom, Frenchy, Rubberhead...whatever
  4. I failed his class intentionally...I drew pictures on the exam. I won't say of what.
  5. I passed it the following year at another school
  6. I failed one other class in my whole life...math in grade 11.
  7. the school had a strike that year, and we lost 5 teaching weeks.
  8. 100 of 110 students failed math that year
  9. I once kept a kitten in my locker for a day. Someone had brought it to school and I wanted to take it home, but had to wait until after school, so hid her in my locker. The principal found out when he walked by my locker and it mewled...
  10. I did take the kitten home and we had that cat for 13 years
  11. her name was Patches (but secretly named Fame)
  12. she was a calico cat, just like the current resident feline
  13. I went on a school trip in high school to the Yukon. We camped at Kluane National Park and swam in the hot springs
  14. I panned for gold on that trip too and got some. I also got my photo taken in a bear skin coat that day
  15. I have travelled to every province and two of the territories. I had them all covered until they made another territory.
  16. my ex-husband used to work at a gold mine
  17. my daughter and I toured the gold mine, twice and saw a gold bar being poured
  18. we got to hold a gold bar, worth over a half a million bucks
  19. once when my ex worked a day in the refinery there, he came home with gold dust in his nose
  20. I can drive a skidoo and once floated mine in a pond...that's a story for another day
  21. I was just little when I learned how to drive a skidoo, maybe 5 or 6.
  22. It was a Bombardier Elan
  23. My skidoo was a Bombardier Tundra
  24. florescent lights give me a headache. I have a lamp on at work and never turn the overhead on if I can help it
  25. I don't regret getting married. I just regret staying married for so long.
  26. I worry about being alone in my coming years
  27. but I don't regret getting divorced
  28. I have gone on a number of blind dates I met on the internet through dating services
  29. they all sucked but one...then he sucked for not calling me ever again
  30. my favorite magazine is the Reader's Digest...but then its not really a magazine. Otherwise I really like Biography Magazine, although I can't find it anymore
  31. I hate newspapers lying around. I throw them out minutes after I finish reading them
  32. I keep magazines for years. We once buried dozens of them when I lived in Newfoundland because there was no recycling program at the time and I had to get rid of them.
  33. I will never raise another dog unless it comes with a man to take care of it
  34. I once owned a dog named Gypsy that was blind as a bat. He had hydrocephalus and had to be put down a week after I got him
  35. I cried like a baby.
  36. I don't really like candy. Although I have recently rediscovered Fun Dips..go figure.
  37. I am addicted to chips, of just about any kind
  38. I have god parents, my aunt and uncle from my dad's side and I never hear from them. I guess they never took their role seriously...either that or gave up when they heard I was an agnostic
  39. I once had a babysitter named Tammy, from up the street who burned the popcorn EVERY time she made it.
  40. I love popcorn, especially the kind you get at the movies
  41. I am rarely late for anything
  42. I am a morning person, and often try to be a night owl, but get tired and go to bed. I can't even sleep in on the weekends and wish that I could.
  43. I like a good Texas accent, especially on Matthew McConaughey
  44. I would like to date someone with an Australian accent, or Eastern European, like Croatian...I just know I like Luka's from ER
  45. I hate hospitals. The smell is awful.
  46. I don't particularly like ice cream, but if forced to eat it, would choose some sort of chocolate kind with stuff in it
  47. I don't drink coffee or tea...ever.
  48. I do drink cappuchino's from Tim Horton's, both kinds
  49. I hate shopping when little kids are around. Their parents make too much noise.
  50. Once when I took Amber shopping, she was sitting in the cart at the checkout and announced to everyone "you never feed me". that was cute.
  51. My hair is pimpin purple. someone commented on my halloween hair from last night. I loved the look on their face when I told them it wasn't halloween hair, but my regular hair. You could hear a pin drop. It was at the Ultramar.
  52. if there was a fire in my house, I would take my kitty and my CDs of photos. The rest is just stuff.
  53. I am sitting in my spare room, with a book case full of paper, a futon, a night stand and of course, my computer desk. I hate that it is not Amber's room.
  54. when I get extra money on my paycheck, I want to spend it. It doesn't matter on what, but I rarely save anything
  55. I expect to retire poor.
  56. my feet are always hot. I am still wearing sandals to work and its November.
  57. right now, my feet are bare. and hot
  58. I am near sighted with an astigmatism. I hate it. I would love to have lasik surgery, but don't have the money. So I wear contacts during the day and glasses at night
  59. I am wearing my glasses right now
  60. I once left my glasses outside and the dog chewed up the ear pieces
  61. I applied for the military twice and my eye exam is the only thing I failed. I lost my contact three days before the first attempt and could have gotten in if I hadn't.
  62. I love watching Maternity Ward on TLC...all those babies being born and I don't have to feed any of them
  63. I was in labour for 34 hours with Amber
  64. on the day I got home from the hospital, I wallpapered my bathroom
  65. her father got drunk both on the day she was born and the day we came home
  66. I can't sleep with the light on
  67. My kitty sleeps with me, often tucked into my arm, under most of the covers
  68. I don't usually sleep very well and have had insomnia for many years
  69. when I feel stressed, I feel it in my chest as a big knot
  70. I don't often get stressed
  71. I like tall guys...not super tall, but at least 5'10"
  72. my ex-husband was just 5'3"...what a shorty!
  73. I am just 5'4"
  74. my eyes were dark brown when I was younger
  75. I used to smoke and quit in 1987
  76. I used to drive a moped
  77. I had my motorcycle license at the time
  78. I can also drive a motorcycle AND an ATV
  79. I own neither
  80. I once dressed as "Satan's Slut" for a school Halloween dance. My friend JoAnne did too, but chickened out at the last minute and changed
  81. I have a recurring dream about being lost in a school full of rooms, corridors, stairwells, and balconies
  82. I used to have another where I was lost in a subway station, in downtown Toronto. It went away when I moved back to Ontario and went on the subway again
  83. I have another recurring dream where I am packing to go somewhere and just never can get packed in time to catch my flight/boat/train
  84. I have only ever missed the plane once, when Amber and I were flying out of London to Italy. We missed it by about 15 minutes
  85. It cost us another $200 to get out of there the following day
  86. I usually pack days in advance
  87. I own purple luggage. really purple.
  88. I lease a silver echo.
  89. the name I gave the car is also "Silver" although I never call it that. I usually just call it "the car"...much like the resident feline is known as "the cat".
  90. I am a huge fan of Survivor and The Amazing Race. All other reality shows don't interest me
  91. I bet in a Survivor pool at work
  92. I have never picked a winning survivor
  93. I can't sleep nude, ever. I get too cold and worry about what I would do in a fire
  94. thongs are NOT for me
  95. neither are high heels
  96. and forget about panty hose...I don't even own any these days
  97. I hate shaving, but slave to conform as other western women do
  98. I hate wearing a bra even more, but also do because it is expected
  99. I have never gone topless
  100. I came close in a hot tub a couple of years ago, but decided it would be gross
  101. I can't believe I am at the end of another 101 list. Thanks Madley for the inspiration!

2 comments:

Madley said...

Aren't these the most CATHARTIC THINGS? But to read as well as write...

Especially about the gold dust in your ex's nose (#19 -- so if you dug it out, does that make you a golddigger? And did you cash it in? LOL), burying the newspapers (#32 -- that says a lot about you and your care for the earth :), Luka (#44 -- yum), the irony of #47 & #48 (I think cappucchino is espresso coffee w/ steamed milk, right?), your pimpin' purple hair (#51) and purple luggage (#62 -- I need that, I love purple!) and about going topless (#98-100 -- I wear bras for the safety and protection of the rest of the world).

Now what's a skidoo? And that reminds me -- I once floated my bike in a pond... with me on it of course. Needless to say, we didn't get very far. And what's the story?

Lists rule!

Dreama said...

cathartic, yes...it is a nice record of things I have done in my life, and many that I hadn't thought about in quite some time. list on, MacDuff...

 
Locations of visitors to this page