Thursday, November 25, 2004

ramblings and musings

Just a little of everything tonight, now that I know I am limbo...lol. Its pissing rain here and I am SO HAPPY about that. Why? Because you don't have to SHOVEL rain. The more it rains, the less it snows. I hope it rains all winter.

And then there was the time I dropped the fish food. Big canister of flakes, lost half of it on the floor, the fish tank, the stand, the couch, the blanket on my knitting basket...everywhere. The cat went nuts, tried to walk through it all. Then I hauled out old bessie...the vacuum cleaner. She wasn't long hittin' the road then.

Went out for a few drinks with the gals from the office...oh yeah, and Mike, our token male social worker. We had a few birthdays to celebrate, so that was fun. Ate more than I should have, but what the hell else is new...

Survivor is on again tonight...yeahhhh! I have already lost the pool, but thats okay, its still fun to watch...as was the Amazing Race on Tuesday night. People just love to act stupid on national television. And I just love to watch them do that.

Got my first Christmas card today...well holy shit. Now I have to actually do something about my newsletter. I have it written but have not yet sent any out. Many are going by e-mail, and people can print their own if they like. The pics just look better online, and I have a bunch of pics in it this year. I have to scrounge around for some Christmas paper too, to print it on. My first card was from my aunt Thelma. She is getting up there in years but still manages to get out all her cards and write a couple of pages to me every year. I'll have to go see her the next time I'm up in Halifax. She used to work for the post office, so it might be a requirement or something to buy so many stamps each year to subsidize your pension, lol...

I miss the kid. As always. It doesn't hurt any less now that it did 5 months ago when she moved out. Okay, I gotta stop or I'll cry...

did I mention that its raining out?



No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page