Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Incidentally, I have been kicked out of school...did I mention that on my lists?

It was the summer of 1982...I had been attending Integrated High School (the school for the protestants) and just hated school at the time, and the principal, Mr Penney. I was waiting to write my second to last exam, and we were all stuffed into these open classrooms...you know the kind where they have these stupid heavy vinyl folding doors they open to make huge classrooms for exam writing, or whatever. Anyhow, we were in with three other grades, who had already received their exam by that point and it was about 20-25 minutes into the writing time and our exam had still not shown up. So I called over whoever was supervising closest to me...happened to be Mr Penny. So I asked him when they were going to show up. He asked me if I had somewhere else to be, and my reply (smartass that I was) was that I was just getting sick and tired of the exam room, so I'd like to know if we are writing this exam today.

And so he kicked me out. Out of the exam room, and out of the school. Uh-oh. I ended up enrolled in Catholic School the following fall - St. Stephen's High. Which turned out to be a much better school without a dork for a principal. This was the guy who kicked out a pregnant girl for being pregnant AND her boyfriend for getting her pregnant. What an ass. That was his last year there. The following year, my friend was pregnant and encouraged to stay until right before she gave birth. As well, another friend was also pregnant the year before at the Catholic school and was ALSO encouraged to stay and delivered a day or two after her last day of school.

Oh, the memories...I was kicked out of class at Integrated more times that I can count. I certainly didn't feel like I was there to learn. Perhaps it was the company I kept, but likely my smartass attitude at the time. Interestingly enough, I only ever failed one class at that school, and that was Biology, as previously mentioned, with Mr Rubberhead.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page