Tuesday, November 02, 2004

I'm in Password HELL

It was a story on msn online, and I can sympathize...I began thinking about all the passwords I have to remember and wonder how in the hell I ever do. I have a bunch of them written down, but I don't carry that book with me, so then I have to remember them. And then there's the ones at work that I have to change monthly, two of them, and one of them does not permit you to use the same password twice. So I've been there two and a half years, I am running out of memorable passwords. They also say that you should not use family member's names or birthdates, etc, nor should you repeat your password...great, more stress. I wonder how many actually do that. So for another list, I'm naming all of the places I need passwords...but not the passwords, because that would be, uh, STUPID.

  1. my blogger account
  2. my classmates.com account
  3. my network account at work
  4. my DCS (department of community services) account
  5. my hotmail
  6. my sympatico dial-up
  7. my two debit cards
  8. not to be confused with my on-line banking passwords
  9. my voicemail at home
  10. my voicemail at work
  11. my QUEST password (from university of Waterloo, though not so much anymore, but if I want to print off a copy of my transcript)
  12. my Yahoo mail account
  13. all of my other hotmail accounts
  14. my secret words to talk to bank people
  15. my code word for Amber (back when she was younger, we had one so she would know if I sent someone to pick her up)
  16. my calling card PIN
  17. the security code for the door to my office area, which changes every 6-8 weeks
  18. the combination to my lock I use on my backpack when I travel...its hard to remember it when I only use it maybe once a year

I'm sure there's more if I just think about it longer...I'll be glad when the bring in fingerprint or iris recognition for general use...now THAT would be cool.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page