Tuesday, November 09, 2004

The Nine Lives of the Resident Cat

Well, she tried to use up one of them tonight by catching herself on fire. Stupid cat. I am sitting here in my computer room/spare room/Amber's room and because the bulb burnt out in the lamp and I hate overhead lights, I have a couple of candles lit and sitting on the desk. Now, candles are not NEW to this feline, but apparently she has forgotten their flame like qualities. She has a habit of jumping up on my desk all the time, and parking her ass in front of the monitor to watch what I'm doing, or play with the mouse onscreen. Which irritates me sometimes, but I'm usually tolerant. But today, she decided to push her luck and jumped up right next to the candles. Now, her fur is longish and it wasn't long before I could smell burning fur and she wouldn't get down. I yelled at her, but didn't want to grab her because she might go up in a POOF! Finally she realized she was getting a little warm on the belly and jumped off...and as she did, there was smoke following her! So I chased her down to see just how bad she had burned herself, but she ran from me and gave me a dirty look like I had done that on purpose. Get over it feline. I grabbed her and surveyed the damage. Well, she is definitely scorched on the fur, but no burns on her skin. Now she's out licking off the curly ends of her fur. YUCK. I wonder if she learned that lesson?

poor kitty...

2 comments:

Madley said...

Poor Jude, poor kitty :(

Dreama said...

she appears to have forgiven me now, but won't come near the desk while the candles are lit...she may have learned her lesson yet!

 
Locations of visitors to this page