Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Time Travel

Don't you wish you could travel through time? I often think about travelling backwards, to times and events that I missed out on. Like The Beatles. I REALLY wish I could have been there to see them in concert, you know, in their early years, like late 60's. I was just a toddler then, so didn't get to enjoy them much, although my mother did, somewhat, when she wasn't playing her twangy country music, like Loretta Lynn and Conway Twitty. I'm watching The Beatles Anthology on VHS that I bought recently off e-bay and just loving every minute of it, wishing I had been there. Now there are only two members left and I have only recorded history to help me out.

I would also love to have been a flower child in the 60's and early 70's...peace, love, sex, drugs and rock and roll...sounds like utopia to me. I could totally see me living on a commune, and oh how I wish I could have been there for Woodstock in 1969, but again I was just a toddler...the music, the people, the sights, sounds and vibe...

Maybe I was just born 10 years too late...it seems I really only want to travel back to the 60's as a teenager. Far out.

1 comment:

Didi said...

I would love to have been a flapper in the 20's! I love the clothes from then and the hats! And, I would totally be running a speakeasy in my basement!

 
Locations of visitors to this page