Friday, November 05, 2004

Phone Woes

Just when I thought I had my problem solved, the phone woes continue. Shortly after I had my number changed, I began getting calls from "Patient Hospital" and someone asking for Trevor. I told them they had the wrong number, but this woman kept calling. I also had calls from a Mac something, asking for Trevor. I was beginning to get irritated as this new number was supposed to be an unused one since 1999, Aliant has assured me. I was getting plenty of hangups on my voicemail too, corresponding to the times when Patient Hospital and the Mac something would call. Then Mac something left a message for Trevor. This woman was calling to let Trevor know that his mother was getting out of the hospital today and could he pick her up. Ok, enough was enough. Time to call Mac something and let her know that Trevor's mother was going to be waiting a long time at the hospital if they didn't stop leaving messages for Trevor on my phone. When I told her this, the mac something woman became irate with me, and didn't believe me that someone had left a message on my machine. Ok lady, I am some random stranger that just happens to know that Trevor's mom is getting out of the hospital...sheesh...she informed me that Trevor's number is ***-**** which was just ONE number off from my own. So I told her that. She still didn't believe me. So I said, look lady, believe what you want but believe this...Trevor ain't picking his mom up today unless you call the right number. Fine. Bye. So now when you call my answering machine, it says "Hi, you have reached ***-**** and this is not Trevor's number. If you would like to leave a message for Jude, please feel free to do so. Do not leave messages for Trevor."

So thinking I had dealt with that problem, there would be no more. Oh yes, there is more. Three calls (and subsequent hang-ups) from a long distance caller today, with no name or number identified. Then I happened to be home this afternoon and answered. On the other end was an east Indian accent asking for Dor-o-tee MAC DonALD.

Sorry bud, you have the wrong number.

What, this is not Dor-o-tee MAC DonALD?

No, it isn't, you have the wrong number.

I am looking for Dor-o-tee MAC DonALD, are you sure this is not Dor-o-tee MAC DonALD?

Yes, I am sure. There is just one person living here, and it is me and I am pretty sure I'm not Mac Donald.

Well, do you know Dor-o-tee MAC DonALD?

No, I do not know Dorothy MacDonald.

Do you know MAC DonALD?

Listen buddy, I live in Cape Breton, I know hundreds of MacDonalds. Take your pick.

Do you know Dor-o-tee MAC DonALD?

No I do not.

What number is this?

You tell me what number you think you called.

***-****.

Well, that's my number but it is not Dorothy Mac Donald's number.

Are you sure?

Yes, I am quite sure. I just got assigned this number a few weeks ago and it hasn't been in use since 1999. If you haven't called her since 1999, she is probably dead. Now stop calling me.

OK Ma'am. You are not Dor-o-tee MAC DonALD?

No.

Click.

I kid you not.

2 comments:

Big Hoser said...

Aw, see? There's no reason for me to tell you about annoying phone calls --you're getting them now!

Hoo-hah!

~HH

Dreama said...

you know, I think about you each time I get one of these annoying calls...

brat

 
Locations of visitors to this page