Sunday, November 28, 2004

Sunday Morning Musings

Another girls days is upon us...food, movies, games, crafts, liquor and no talk of work! They usually begin dribbling in about noon and stay often until 8pm or so, but tonight I have a few sleepovers, so they don't have to watch what they drink. Responsible drinkers, I like that.

My tv remote is working again...I had been sitting in my favorite chair, with my feet bubbling away in my foot bath, when I bent over to check on them and it slipped right into the bath...I was so shocked, it was a moment before I plucked it out thinking, that can't be good. So I picked it up, the water drained out of it, and I laid it out to dry for a few days...and lo and behold, its working again! go figure...its covered by my extended warranty from Future Shop, so I wouldn't have been totally lost. Those universal remotes can only do so much. This one changes the input source, and I might not be able to do that on a universal remote.

I made cookies yesterday, and bribed my next door neighbor, Maxine, to cut up some table legs for me this morning. I have an old (but not antique) wooden dining table that I want to cut the legs short on in order to make it into a coffee table for doing crafts on in the living room. A few of the girls love their scrapbooking (of which I partake from time to time) and this is our solution to them working on the floor all the time (where I trip over it or step on it).

The non-resident teen is struggling again...for some reason, she doesn't know the meaning of life...lol. Ahhhhh...she is so young yet. She wants her life to have a specific direction, her degree to be for something in particular, for her boyfriend to talk to her more, to have more time to herself, and so on. After two and a half hours on the phone, we have discovered a possible path in life that she might be satisfied with. She is interested in Spanish, and travel, so we are thinking about possibly working for an embassy somewhere in a spanish speaking country. She also loves to write, to learn more languages and meet new people. I remember the days...wandering through your degree and not knowing what you're going to do with it at the end...my theory is just do the courses that interest you within the contrains of a particular major and requirements and HAVE FUN AT IT!!!

Then I told her that I have three degrees and I STILL don't have definite direction in my life. I struggle all the time with my career...where am I going next, what am I going to do, and do I have to do something next...why can't I just stay in this job. Where will I go, and why?

Okay, I just can't solve the meaning of life this morning...so lets move on to breakfast...

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page