Saturday, November 13, 2004

Saturday with My Kid

I've landed, gone ashore in Halifax, lol. I rooted her out of bed and told her we had a full day ahead of us. We're taking a pass on the malls...gawd, its a city thing to forget about the downtown area and take the easy route to the malls. In Kitchener-Waterloo where we used to live, the downtown area sucked big time, so we always went to the malls. Here in Halifax, its GREAT! So we're heading down to shop for the day, taking the bus so we don't have to find somewhere to park or have to WALK BACK to the car, wherever it may be. I haven't ridden the bus since I moved away from K-W. Cool. I'm hoping we'll have a great day, and not too stressful. I hear we're supposed to get a big snowstorm today, so hopefully it holds off until we are finished walking around!

I went shopping last night, as I arrived here early and the younguns weren't off work yet, and I still have not gotten a copy of the apartment key...something we have to try to remember to get that done today. I bought a beautiful subtle purple top, loose, flowing and very thin cotton. Then Amber told me it looked just like the drapes I bought at the dollar store a few years ago. Sad thing is, she's right. Maybe I'll make a skirt out of the drapes to match.

I also bought one of those flip-chairs for the kids...self-serving of course. I just can't sleep on that damn leather loveseat anymore...squeak, squeak with every turn. And then there's the sweating on the leather...so the flip chair was quite comfy last night on the floor...just thick enough that my hips are still loving me today, and wide enough that my ass didn't hang over the edge (I heard that snicker). So, the kid is just about ready, lets get this day started!

3 comments:

Big Hoser said...

Quote: "(I heard that snicker)"

Yeah, uh sorry there Brat...

~HH

Didi said...

You've got a little Scarlett O'Hara in you!

Dreama said...

it took me a minute, but then I got the Scarlett comment...and had to laugh. Carol Burnett's re-enactment of that scene was just about the funniest I have ever seen in my life. You remember, she took down the green velvet drapes to make a dress, but forgot to take out the curtain rod...and proceeded to knock everything over...OMG...I can still laugh, 30 years later...

 
Locations of visitors to this page