Saturday, November 13, 2004

The More Things Change...

the more they stay the same...by the time we got ourselves together today to head out, it was storming snow so we opted NOT to tramp around downtown and took the car up to Bayer's Lake instead. Which we are so glad we did. The weather just got worse as the day wore on, with snow piling up, and beating into us each store we came out of, which would have been miserable to walk about downtown in. And stupid me, went out in sandals...brrrr...I have dye all over my feet from the snow melt on my leathers.

ANYHOW, thanks to K., I did find a very nice scapbooking store in Bayer's Lake, and managed to get out of there with less than $50 worth...sheesh...I only went in for some paper and a set of blue lettering...after I bored the poor child with that, we went to get something delicious to eat at Montana's, which was just awesome. We made a few stops after that at the ever present Wal-Mart, Dollarama, and a visit to the pet store. Then we took in a movie...

SPOILER ALERT!!!

Well, let me tell you...we saw Ladder 49 with John Travolta and Joaquin Phoenix. I don't want to spoil it for anyone, so don't read on from here if you haven't seen it yet...but what a wonderful and tearjerking movie. I was literally sobbing out loud, it was so well acted. You felt like you were right there with them, through all the triumph and tragedy. I won't say how it ended just in case you ignored my warning and read on anyhow, but if you see one movie this fall, and enjoy John Travolta, GO SEE this movie. I will be buying it for sure, when its released on video. And I haven't felt like that in ages about a movie.

So after the movie, we went all over town to look for some thread to finish my quilt with, and finally found it at Atlantic Fabrics right behind the kid's apartment building...go figure. Of course, I bought more scrapbooking stuff there too...

Now we're in for the night, snacks are bought, and curling up in the living room to watch some Saturday night television, while the rain and snow sort themselves out. With any luck, it will be all gone by the time I go home again tomorrow.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page