Monday, November 15, 2004

Snowless in Cape Breton

well, I made it home in one piece. And managed to leave ALL of the snow behind. I drove though some though, it was storming something awful part of the way. There was still a fair bit in Halifax, and the closer I got to Truro, the more snow there was, up over the guardrails and all. Then I passed through New Glasgow and wondered if they got any snow at all..and Cape Breton is dry. And here I was worried about having to shovel out my driveway, heh heh. silly girl. that comes later.

Got home and the poor kitty, ate all her food, even the extra and went after the fish food, but couldn't get it open. I can only imagine the frustration...and how lucky those fish are to still be alive...thankfully I wasn't gone longer than I was...guess that extra day was just too much for her!

I managed to spend too much money again in Halifax, as per usual. What is it with the city...you go into a store to buy a spool of thread and come out with a fridge...(not that I did..just an example).

The Amazing Race starts again this week...I'm so excited!!!! I just love watching OTHER people race through countries. It looks to be an exciting season too, from the website and previews.

Anyone catch the American Music Awards last night? WELL HOLY F***. I damn near died laughing at Anna Nicole Smith. She was completely bombed, toasted and left for drunk...I still don't know what the hell she was talking about. I'd love to see it in rerun, and can imagine it will tonight on the entertainment news...also, Uncle Cracker appeared to be under the influence of something, and left his singing partner fumbling for words that he seemed to have forgotten...I think they all had some of Snoop Dogg's $100 brownies...those that Bobby Brown didn't eat, anyhow...

Ahhh, good to be home again.

3 comments:

Madley said...

What a lovely trip you had! (And I'm freezing just reading about it.)

I saw the clip of Anna Nicole on AOL -- they must have some mighty powerful sh*t in that drink she's been takin' to get skinny again... wow, she was so out of it it was more PAINFUL than funny.

Wish I had a TV to watch The Amazing Race again... I guess I can check out the website til then!

Anonymous said...

Here you go the painful rerun. BTW Greetings from Waterloo. Nice 12-13C this week for us. See ya shoulda stayed. hehe

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2655657?ifilmp=99

Dreama said...

Well, I haven't missed Waterloo too much just yet, not the weather anyhow. Its been mild enough here for me. I had my office window wide open all day. Of course, the others in my office weren't too happy about that and as soon as my back was turned, they closed it all up on me, lol

 
Locations of visitors to this page