Monday, February 14, 2005

Black Monday

Yeah, its Valentine's Day, or as I like to call it, BLACK MONDAY. So what. When you're alone, who cares? Now that my daughter has moved out and on, I was informed I don't really need to buy her any treats for the day, as the boyfriend will take care of it (as he should)...but then there is no one to bring me a treat as she usually reciprocated...sigh

Remember when kids gave you those lovely handmade valentines out of red construction paper and paper doilies? They were the best! I saved each and every one, much to my daughter's embarrassment. My last one came when she was 17 years old, heh heh...still hand made. I kept it along with my Easter card on my desk at work. People would ask what little child made me that...I thought it was adorable, and she knows it, which is why she makes me handmade ones. This will be my first year without one single valentine!

OK, enough of the self-pity party...I think I will go devour that box of chocolates I hid in my dresser from the Boxing Day sales...

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page