Monday, February 21, 2005

Let Sleeping Teenagers (and dogs) Lie

It's winter break from university here. My lovely daughter is home for a few days (Fri night to Wed morning). She loves to sleep. I was wanting her to get up so we could spend time together, but I have learned that now that this child moved out to the city again, she expects to be constantly entertained...and mom lives in the "boonies". She arrived here late Friday night after I picked her up at work in Halifax - we drove back the same day. Saturday we spent shopping in town, preparing food for the Snowbowl party, and doing laundry (doesn't every teenager bring home laundry? heh heh).

Saturday night was the game and the party, to which she accompanied me because her own friends were working or unable to be found. We stayed until after 2am, and slept in the next morning. Then off to town again to do a little more shopping and pick up a movie, head over to a friends to watch it, and then she is barely home and out the door with MY CAR to her friend's houses for the evening. The snow comes, making the roads slippery and so she stays in town with friends until morning, comes in at 8:30am and crashes again. It's 11:30am and you know what this child will say when she gets up? "I'm bored. What are we going to do today?"

Yes, it is best to let sleeping teenagers lie in bed. I will watch the deer in the backyard, mulling about, while I prepare a lovely roast chicken dinner for you. And not mind a bit because I know that I can creep into your room and watch you sleep...either that or scare the bejesus out of you with one of my killer screams...heh heh...sounds like a great idea...I have to go now...

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page