Sunday, February 06, 2005

Hide and Seek

A couple of the gals and I drove down to Sydney for a movie yesterday and saw Hide and Seek. It was scary enough, and not too much gore, but not without it. Robert DeNiro delighted once again and this one had me fooled...don't you just love that? Think The Sixth Sense, A Beautiful Mind or The Secret Window. All create an illusion or a mystery for you. And then there was the weirdo person who wandered into our theatre, making the strangest of noises, walked up and around the seating to the top, across and down the other side and left. Right in a scary part too. It was very weird.

We went shopping as well, of course. I didn't buy a whole lot (I already blew the budget with the second season of ER on DVD) but I did pick up some fabric and such to make a little blanket for a brand new grand-nephew (from my ex's side) that was born on Friday. I also bought a bracelet and some scrapbooking stickers. Whoo hoo.

We went out to supper at Swiss Chalet, one of my favorite restaurants. Just love that chicken and those fries. I specifically asked that the wing tip not be burnt and of course, that's exactly what I got...she got a small tip.

What to do with my Sunday? Well, I might head over to the neighbors to hang out for a bit when they have their annual super-bowl party. I hate sports, but the socializing might be fun...I need to meet more people away from work! Of course, there is also the enticing food they promised...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it DeNiro in Hide and Seek, and not Pacino?

I think everyone has confused the two at least once in their life... it's the same with Meryl Streep and Glenn Close ;)

-Daria
http://www.diner-bitch.com

Dreama said...

you are very right! I knew it was Robert DeNiro and ended up typing Al Pacino anyway...something about right and left brain not working together today...

 
Locations of visitors to this page