Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Pet Peeves

You know you have them, everyone does and mine are likely to be very common ones. Things that annoy you at the time, but you don't often make a big fuss out of them, they just continue to annoy you when they happen. Like:

  1. people who do not clean the lint out of the dryer when they are done...or ever! When you finally change it yourself, you have a very thick carpet of lint. Nice.
  2. people who ask how you're doing but don't wait for the reply and keep on walking away from you.
  3. cats who whine and complain when their food bowl is empty and then when you fill it, proceed to gorge themselves and then puke it up anyhow.
  4. garbage on the side of the highway, especially those damn Tim Horton's cups!!!
  5. people who leave snotty tissues in the shopping carts. again, nice.
  6. cigarette butts. everywhere.
  7. the phone ringing the minute you get in the door after a hard day ( I know I don't have to answer it, but just the ring annoys me!)
  8. the toilet paper roll - not refilling it, or leaving just 3 squares on it and hiding the rest
  9. cat fur, everywhere (I know, the price of having a kitty but come on, she should be bald by now!)
  10. telemarketers. all of them.

Then there can be a whole other list for pet peeves related to driving!

  1. not signalling a turn, just stopping suddenly and pulling in
  2. signalling for a turn you never plan to make
  3. not paying attention to the GREEN light - it means GO! It does not mean you have time to root in your purse for your cell phone, cigarettes, or gum
  4. people who drive 45km in a 90km zone, especially when there are NO places to pass (safely)
  5. people who take up TWO spaces in the nearly full parking lot either because they don't know how to friggin park, or they are just selfish and don't want to risk anyone bumping their car door into their "baby"
  6. HIGH BEAMS - glaring into your face, or better yet, headlights that have too much tilt on them so even the regular setting is glaring into your face
  7. cowards at the intersection - you know who you are. You take forever to pull out for that left turn, and leave everyone else behind when you finally turn at the red light, all because you are too scared to pull out with traffic on the road, anywhere!
  8. tailgaters
  9. cigarette butts thrown out the window that bounce and nearly come in my window
  10. and last but not least - the asshole who ran into me and kept on going, leaving my then brand new car with a dent that rusted...

Let me know what yours are...love to hear...

2 comments:

Big Hoser said...

I'm kind of reflecting on your pet peeves and seeing if I have any close to 'em.

The first time I cleaned the lint out of the dryer at the gym, I was shocked at how much there was. It was close to an inch thick and covering the ENTIRE filter. I wondered just how long it had been collecting lint and discovered that it was probably only a day or two's worth!

Y'know.... I'm inspired to write on my own blog now. Just read 'em there.

Madley said...

Yeah, I don't know why lint collecting bugs me. I don't want to touch somebody else's lint (this from a laundrymat-expert for the last 27 years...)

Great pet peeve list! (And even 44-year-olds take laundry to mom's, even if it's eight hours away :)

 
Locations of visitors to this page