Friday, March 18, 2005

Like a Bag 'O Hammers

Went to Halifax yesterday with a friend/co-worker to do some work/play/shopping. Spent far too much money, but par for the course...get a little extra in my pocket and I have to SPEND it. Anyhow, there we are in the Atlantic Superstore in Antigonish on the way home to Cape Breton, and my friend M. is walking towards something, so I look at what she's looking at, not seeing the flat pallet on the floor (empty) and trip over it, going down like a bag of hammers...an elephant charge couldn't have made more noise...I skinned over my knee and arm, and there are sure to be bruises in the morning. The most noise came from my palms I think, smucking the pallet (it was covered in cardboard). Everyone came running...I just felt like a complete tool and slunk off into the back of the store. I could have been a bitch and complained LOUDLY to the staff, but instead, mumbled to M. "great way to treat your customers, trip them" and was on my way.
But I bought a cool pop-up hamper before I left!

1 comment:

Big Hoser said...

GAH! Lawsuit woman!!!!!!

You just had a surefire bet to pay off your student loans.

Get thee to a clinic post-haste!! Get a doc's report!!!

 
Locations of visitors to this page