Thursday, March 31, 2005

Thar she BLOWS

So I got up this morning to just a dusting of snow on the ground...I think the rest blew away...phew! Cheticamp was not as lucky. Drove up there today with M. for work and they hadn't even begun to plow out their mess...I had to drive through and OVER snow drifts today, and through so much slush...not to mention the WIND! There was les suetes warning out today and Cape Breton sure got it. My car almost blew off the road a few times...WHOOSH. A truck did overturn on the Seal Island Bridge today and is still blocking traffic to Sydney...thankfully I didn't have to go in that direction today! I am driving there tomorrow, but plan to take another route...
It's still blowing a living gale here now, but I'm home and don't care anymore. Me and the resident feline are in for the night for our favorite night of television.

2 comments:

Pamela said...

That's good news, Dreama.
I saw the storm on the news yesterday and thought of you...hoping you'd been missed by (hopefully the last) onslaught of Old Man Winter. :o)

Dreama said...

t'was a beautiful day here today...its about TIME!

 
Locations of visitors to this page