Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Where in the Hell is Spring???

Ok, I have had it! Where is spring? I want it NOW! It snowed again here today, and calling for more tonight. NOT FAIR NOT FAIR NOT FAIR! Sunday was the first day of spring and it was FREEZING out that day. My friend M. and I went for a walk with her dog and darn near perished (of course I am exaggerating). I want spring days where the sun is warm on my face, the water is running from the snow melt, and little children are out playing with skipping ropes...ok, I have gone one step too far...little kids are inside playing Game Cube or building websites...sad, I think. I remember the spring days of my youth...it always meant a new skipping rope, you know the kind - either pink or light orange rubber with a white and pink (or light orange) striped handle. We would tie them together often to make a long one, or to tie someone up...heh heh...we also got a new ball, the "pepsi" ball that was red, white, and blue...and I always had a little chunk taken out of mine before too long. I also remember playing marbles in the spring, and getting new ones in a velvet bag. love those big ones. Remember digging little holes in the dirt for them to roll into. I don't even remember the rules anymore, but I remember having a lot of fun, playing on the side of the street, where the little green and yellow weeds would poke through and we'd hit them with marbles.

See, now I am in the mood for spring but its not here yet!

Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain...

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page