Saturday, March 05, 2005

The White Glove Test

Yup, my mother is coming to visit tomorrow with dad. She may be legally blind but you can bet she will spot dirt, especially in the home of one of her children. So today is all about CLEANING. I also had to clean and tidy the basement, my father's domain as he likes to "putter". So far I have stripped the bed for them, tidied my bedroom and the spare (where I will be hanging out), done all the dishes (with my roomie), and am halfway through the bathroom. It has to sparkle. I still have to herd up all the dust bunnies and dust MONSTERS and then wash all the floors. I don't have any carpeting, so this will be a large task! I should also freshen up the fishtank (small amount of algae there) and make sure all my plants are watered. Most of them came from my mother and she will be driving her finger in each and every one to check and see that I have not been neglectful. I should be sure to hide the ones that are not doing so well, heh heh...

The last I will do is DUST the living room. It accumulates and doesn't really bother me that much, but she will find it. I know I should just let my parents see my house as is, but this pressure gives me the motivation to finally clean it up well as I have been slacking off a bit. I too like a nice clean house. It will soon be time to start drinking...

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page