Monday, March 07, 2005

missing in action

that's what happens when my parents come to visit...I worked myself into one big muscle ache on Saturday, cleaning and preparing for their visit. Hadn't seen them since the fall of 2003, and they had not been to my current home so it had to sparkle, lol. They arrived on Sunday morning, around 8am direct from the ferry that got in at 6am. Yesterday we hung out, watched some movies, and basically ate our way through the day. I took my mom next door to visit with the neighbor horse, where he nibbled carrots off her palm. Today I whooped my mother at cards, then my dad and I went for a walk in the woods, but the snow was crusty and we fell through more times than not, making for a tricky walk. We had 4 deer in the back yard today, early morning. After the walk, my parents and I played cards, where my mother whooped the both of us...

Tonight, more movies and of course...CURLING. Yesterday was also a few hours of CURLING. Oh, and this afternoon included CURLING. did I mention curling? I don't particularly like curling...actually, I really DON'T like it. I can't stand all the yelling - SWEEP! HARDER! GO! So much pressure...
Anyhow, good news in the past few days - my daughter got a new job at a fruit store and she starts tomorrow...no more greasy fries and burgers!!! Way to go kiddo...now how about a discount...

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page