Sunday, June 20, 2004

moving day is approaching and it can't come soon enough! I have my living room filled with boxes and almost all of the entertainment packed up with the exception of this computer and my little tv in my bedroom. I may have to resort to a book.

Seriously though, I was reading Alistair MacLeod's No Great Mischief and should probably get back to that. Things have all been awry with all the changes this month...it will be great to get back into some sort of routine. I haven't been on my treadmill in a number of days, but not like I am not running marathons anyhow with everything that has to be done. It seems like I pack every day, for hours, and there is still so much to pack...endless!

And just when I thought I had a night to spend with the younguns, and had planned a nice chicken dinner...they were (and me) invited out to his parents for a lobster feast. Now I don't eat lobster, but was assured there was plenty else...it's the thought that counts. We are giving Brad his graduation present tonight too, an accoustic guitar that he has mentioned wanting no less than 100 times since I have known him and he darn near bought one a number of times, but we had been planning this forever. His face will light up the room tonight, I'm sure. He surely deserves it too, as he has worked so hard at everything and we are all so proud of him. Music means so much to him too, and he loves the accoustic sound of this particular one.

so my chicken dinner has been rescheduled to tomorrow night, and hope that everyone here can put a hand in towards cooking it as we are all fairly busy - me with work, Amber with grand march and then getting THE HAIR done, and I am not sure what Brad is up to tomorrow. It must be cooked tomorrow though as we are out of nights to cook for them.

they managed to work something out for moving their stuff. A relative of Brad's is going to let us use his truck to tow a trailer to Halifax with all their stuff in it. Who'd a thunk it was so hard to arrange a move, but I guess everyone moves out of Cape Breton, and few move in.

Brad is in the middle of a job interview right now, at A & W (not to work at A & W though) with some fellows from Rod's Machine Shop in Halifax. He was quite excited so I hope he gets the job. The real challenge will be figuring out the bus system in time to get to work! I may stay an extra night to help them sort that out.

Like Brad always says...things are coming up Brad all over...lol

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page