Thursday, June 03, 2004

My famous neighbors

Did I mention that someone almost famous came to my yard sale? Turns out Ashley MacIsaac's mother was at my yard sale...they live two doors down. I am thrilled (HAHAHAHA).

For those of you who DON'T know who Ashley is, he is a very talented fiddler from Cape Breton with a very talented way for getting his bad boy mouth into trouble. He is also known for flashing the crowd when he wears his kilt when he plays.

If you want to know more about this local boy who made it big and pissed a lot of people off with his antics...check here - Ashley MacIsaac You can even hear samples of his music here.

Just think, they have lived there for months and I never knew.

And incidentally, I actaully saw Ashley perform on stage in Waterloo some years back. He played in Hagey Hall on the University of Waterloo campus - no admission charge. He was awesome and quite subdued, in spite of his knack for grandstanding and pranks.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page