Monday, January 24, 2005

Shack Whacky

Ok, its time to go back to work. I could never make a good hermit. I tire easily of my own company. I had Friday off, and today was a snow day. With the exception of Friday night video with K. and an hour for supper with the neighbors, I have pretty much been left to my own devices and now I need a change of venue!

I am sick of scanning the television and of hearing the music channels, so I turned the idiot box off hours ago and immersed myself in my current reading - "To Kill a Mockingbird". I had heard so much about this book, but had never been asked to read it, so when I discovered it at a yard sale last summer, I bought it for a dime and it rested on my bookshelf until recently. I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed it, as I'm sure most all have. Now I need to start something new. I have a new book by Ann Marie MacDonald on the shelf...perhaps that.

I have made a few phone calls and caught up with friends, but the real thing is I need a change of scenery! I go from sitting here in front of the computer, to sitting in either "my" chair or sprawled on the couch. The cat follows me wherever I go, and I am even getting sick of her. She knows now, by the tone in my voice that I need her to go somewhere else than on my chest.
Its still snowing, BTW. Is it spring yet?

2 comments:

Madley said...

OOOOH... another book from Ann Marie? Lemme know if it's good -- Fall On Your Knees was the best novel (okay, only novel) I've read in a long time! But then I think I already mentioned that because of your being from Nova Scotia... okay, I'm not awake yet...

Love to hear how it goes and that you get some fun place to go soon!

Dreama said...

I will for sure...so far its good and quite surreal...the main character is a young girl growing up on a military base...kind of like ME. So we shall see how far the similarity goes and I will keep y'all posted.

 
Locations of visitors to this page