Monday, January 17, 2005

Snow Day!

Hooray, its a snow day! Or at least I thought it was. My employer chose to wait until long after I should have left for work to send the message down the line that we were closed until 1pm. I had been voraciously checking the cancellations page of our local radio station, and only saw the neighboring agency closed, but not ours. Then when I got the call, I checked the page and it simply read closed. Now I got a call just a few minutes ago that we are opening at 1pm. RATS! Way to ruin a good snow day, mister. So the question is then, do I just take some overtime and don't bother to go in today? I do have it to spare...hmmm....there is a great deal of snow in my driveway, or at least it looks like there is.


We did get a fair amount of snow last night, and it was still drifting heavily when I woke up this morning...I was rather hoping that it would just blow off my driveway entirely, heh heh. You see, I have a raised driveway (read raised hump of dirt) and so it might just do that. But then it began to rain not long ago, kind of a freezing rain. So any thought of snow drifting OFF my driveway diminishes with the rain. Its like adding concrete to it. DAMMIT!

Eventually I do have to leave the cozy house and check out the snow. Whether I go in to work today or tomorrow is besides the point. I still have to get out of the driveway. And then there is the knowledge that I am actually working right now as I am the on-call duty worker for when the office is closed...hmmm...guilt...guilt...guilt...if I get an emergency I shall have to go in a hurry...should I go out and brave the weather to get the driveway clear? decisions, decisions...

I'll think about that tomorrow...(oh Scarlett!)

1 comment:

Big Hoser said...

By the time I read this, you were already at work: It's like it never really happened.

How does that make you feel? ;-)

~HH.

 
Locations of visitors to this page