Thursday, January 13, 2005

Thinking...

since my blog is described as ramblings and useless musings...here's a fresh batch...

  1. as much as I try not to let this whole "diagnosis" take over my life, its creeping in there. Now when I feel an ache or a pain that I had gotten rather used to, I process it and wonder if its an ordinary pain or is it related to FM. Then my thoughts wander to - oh, well, if it is related to FM, will I be feeling it for the rest of my life? Will it get worse? I have been reading on a "support group" for FM and its quite depressing. I think I'll be leaving it as all they talk about is new drug therapies and qualifying for disability pension. Gadzooks! I hadn't even considered not being able to work
  2. which lead to my next rambling - what if I can't continue to work at my current job? What if things really don't get much better healthwise...what then? What if I can't work full-time or at social work. Stress makes FM worse and GAWD knows child protection is loaded with stress. And I think my little breakdown last fall was an indicator that my body is not up to the task, at least not in its current state.
  3. so now I sit on the edge of sanity, wondering how much more I can tolerate. And on the grand scheme of things, I'm not being asked to tolerate that much compared to the misery of others, however, I do know that I have been pushed to my limits this past year and although I didn't snap, I came darn close.
  4. So what do I do about it? I know that I don't want to spend my time whining about FM, thats for sure. I just hope for understanding from friends and family about it, and the wisdom to make good choices for my future.

wow...that was heavy...so now its time to lighten things up a bit...check back for my next post in a few minutes...

1 comment:

Big Hoser said...

1. The power of positive thinking --use it. Take control and you don't have to think negatively about the future, just think about now how dealing with it in the present.
2. There's more to social work than what you're doing. Remember where I was before. YOU have a knack for getting degrees (can you spare one, BTW?), so buck it up and get the next 2: TEACH social work!!!
3. Find a way to relax. Take up a new hobby. Not sure if walking's gonna be the thing for you with the aches and pains, although I saw you had a good warm spell there.
4. Yeah, no. Don't whine. See #1 instead.

 
Locations of visitors to this page