Monday, May 09, 2005

The Case of the Exploding Firepit

Yeah, that's what happened. We gathered around the newly constructed firepit only to suffer shrapnel wounds...apparently the bricks I bought (with the help of the not so trusty Central Building Supplies yahoos) are not so heat resistant, and once the fire got going, they did too...exploded into a million pieces and shot out like cannon fire. There were injuries, myself included suffered a nice little burn on my top lip that blistered immediately. Great. We got our smores in spite of the torpedoes as we thought it was just the wood...then I got up in the morning and noticed that the plastic bag that was out there had brick melted to it...and so I went to inspect and discovered the bricks had crumbled to not a hell of a lot.


So in I marched to the building store and demanded a full refund for my bricks. The guy who helped me happened to be the guy who sold me the bricks and tried to back out of it saying, well you did get the bricks you wanted though, right? Um, no. When I went, I told you what I wanted to build and asked you to show me the right bricks. You even suggested a pattern to lay them in at the bottom of my pit, and measured for the size to calculate how many bricks I would need, wrote it on a slip with the brick code and sent me out to the yard. Asshole. So he caved and refunded my money.

If I wanted to be a super bitch, I could have told him I was going to sue them for injuries, pain and suffering....but I wasn't wearing THAT hat today...I left it in the car...

so now I have to dig out all that shit and throw it away, and get some sand to line the pit with, which will be fine and won't explode on me. Stay tuned...

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page