Saturday, May 14, 2005

The Tail of Two Cats and other Brambles

The truce is off. Stormy got too close to Via and all hell broke loose. They both hissed and growled and fluffed their tails. I scooped in to pick up the little one and his heart was beating a mile a minute. The coward retreated to my bedroom again.


He has been a busy one today...climbed all over and inspected most of the first floor. He is such a good kitty too...litter trained AND using the scratchpad. Bonus.


Got up to SNOW on the ground this morning. And I had already burned put away the damn shovels already...oh, but it wasn't that much...melted by mid-afternoon. But serious...WTF??? It's mid-May.

Did I mention the really great mother's day card I got from the non-resident teen this week? She knows how much I prefer the handmade cards, no matter what her age...so she bought me the standard Carlton, and then tucked a little handmade one inside. It reads "Thanks for always being there and for being the hippest ma on the block! Ha Ha, that was cheesy! Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks, and I love you!" I cried. She is the only person in the world that really gets me. Thanks, kid. I love you too.

now, thanks to bubblehead, I have to go watch The Breakfast Club and turn off that Frank Zappa...man he must have had some interesting drugs when he wrote Don't Eat The Yellow Snow...I am not in the headspace to listen to it tonight!

3 comments:

Big Hoser said...

Ah, 80s movies. I think Breakfast Club may actually be the defining film of the decade. Followed closely by your choice of Sixteen Candles, Pretty in Pink, or Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

Suddenly feeling like a John Hughes marathon is a good way to kill a day off from work!!

Dreama said...

St. Elmo's Fire is yet another GREAT movie of the 80s!

Anonymous said...

Agreed, but Breakfast Club and St. Elmo's Fire were a cut above the rest.

I can't tell you how many times we watched both of those movies and they still seem fresh even now.

Best regards,

 
Locations of visitors to this page