Thursday, July 28, 2005

Another Graceful Move

Well, was up swimming with distant cousins S. and C. and neice O. this afternoon and managed to hit the bottom during my initial plunge. What the hell happened? I have jumped off "diving point" for years and rarely even touched bottom with a toe. Today I hit and nearly snapped my foot off. Got quite a scrape and bruise on the top of my foot (how in the hell I got the top of it scraped up, I'll never know). That was probably the reason why they built a diving platform last summer...hmmm...did the pond's depth lower, or did I simply fall deeper (weight???). Either way, I stroked out to the diving platform and had a much more enjoyable jump into the pond, without striking bottom.


Vacation time is slipping by...I don't want it to end. However, if I didn't hear a certain voice again anytime soon, that would be fine too. Whoever said you can never go home again was dead on. And the newfie/country/what in the hell is that wailing is making my ears bleed.


Which is why I spent yesterday in near seclusion and it was fantastic. I'm reading through Alistair MacLeod's short stories in Island. I have brought quite a stack of books and have not even made it through the first one...what am I doing wrong??? I spend more time going to and from, playing with Stormy, visiting friends and napping. But isn't that what vacation is all about?


Oh GAWD, have to leave my mother's computer again...she's hauling out the newfie music and my ears are sure to bleed again...

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page