Thursday, July 14, 2005

Kayak Saga

Well, I damn near made it out for the maiden voyage tonight...but I am on call and got a call shortly after I got home that took me to almost dark...RATS. I even bought a PFD today, and a whistle, and made myself a bailer (out of a milk jug). I was planning to go out on the lake until just before sunset and get some great pics...so much for that. The work call was a serious one, so had to deal with it immediately.


I have to figure out a better place to store my kayak too...turned it over today to show it to a friend and it was ROTTEN with earwigs, the dirty pests. So I moved it from there and now have it resting on a bench outside, but really need to find a better place for it and don't reckon I'll be dragging it in the house each time I use it...


So the christening is going to take place tomorrow night, weather providing...I just wanna kayak!!! I wanted to post a pic of it tonight now that I got things figured out, but the MEC site is down, so I can't get a pic, unless I go take one outside in the dark...bummer.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page