Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Rock a Bye Kitty with the red paws on

Well, if Hello was working, I'd post a pic, but that will have to wait...and you will have to suffer with the written description of tonight's events. Got the soft claws nail tips for the Stormy today, and attempted to put them on. I knew I would have to catch him in a slow moment, when he was relaxing in my arms or on a chair somewhere. And I knew I would have to be quick as they're put on with a type of super glue, dries very fast. Sooooo, I slide kitty into my arms and try to stuff a couple on out in the kitchen. Like a lamb to slaughter, you'd swear I was shoving bamboo under his nails by the fuss he put up. And I was super gentle. So I got two on and a bunch on the floor.


Plan B. I waited until he got up in my arms and began to relax and would fill the tips with glue and jam them on. That lasted for about 4 tips, when he realized the injustice being done to him and began to wail again.


Plan C. nurse wounds left by uncovered nails and take a break. Get kitty again and lull into false sense of security and jam a few more on. Got 2 more on that time...only 2 more to go. We both needed a break that time. About 15 minutes later after he pranced and danced around the room after the resident feline and his teddy bear, he came back, I rocked him again and got one more on. Then ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE. More blood (mine), howling, squirming, and sputtering at the outright indignation I was putting him through once again. Dammit, I only have one left and if I don't get it on soon, the super glue is going to dry up (comes with a small disposable tip to fit the inside of the nail tips.


Plan D. get another drink, chill for a bit, and wait until he climbs back up on my lap again and sneak up on him with the last tip. and Voila. 10 tips on 10 claws. PHEW. What a friggin ordeal.


He sounds hilarious when he walks on the floor...I think he is most offended by this, and not so much the fire engine red nails he is being forced to wear...poor little effer.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page