Friday, July 22, 2005

Vacation Time aka Sunburn time

I made it, I''m on vacation on the rock. My dad even came up and got me in his own boat, saving me an hour and a half on the local ferry. I also got a nasty sunburn to go along with it! The water was beautiful, smooth and the sun was strong.


Crossed the ferry last night - slept in the hammock, hung off the rails on deck. It got a little windy as the night went on, but I just wrapped it around me and snuggled deeper under the blanket stolen from marine atlantic I brought. Much better than trying to sleep on those cold and hard fibreglass moulded benches. Went to sleep under the bright stars and later saw the moon. I woke to the sunrise, something I haven't been up early enough to see at home, but over the ocean, it was fabulous this morning...see next post for pics.


I even saw a shark eat a duck...a few fellow passengers and I were checking out the sea duck swimming below, and then I saw this big swirl, and the duck disappeared..moments later we saw the shark's fin. And that was breakfast at sea for that shark...a la duck.


took my little neice swimming today; and for a walk; and to search the beach for beachglass; and over to help me unpack; and over to play with Stormy, again, and again. She has certainly grown up and I have certainly gotten older...she pooped me out! I had to go home and have a nap this evening!!!


And Stormy, by the way, fared well on the ferry. Got stuck in a kennel room with 3 big dogs and another cat. I thought he would just die of terror, but what a trooper. He just padded around, streched himself out and flopped to the floor for another nap...dogs? whatever...he seems to be saying. Good for him, my little cat. The EFFING dogs never stopped barking and whining all night, but yet Stormy napped through the entire ordeal. And now he's tickled to be exploring our vacation home. Penny was a different story...


haven't had the kayak out yet, but plan to get out early tomorrow morning for a little spin before the wind picks up. Will surely have pics then too.


hello to the gals at work...aww, lookatyas, working so hard in the heat...pffffffttttt, that was the sound of another beer...

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page