Saturday, July 16, 2005

The Maiden Voyage


I finally got the kayak out in the water last night at West Bay. And I didn't have to roll into the lake to get out of it this time...I had a nice little paddle, but was very aware that I would not want to flip it in this particular portion of the lake...full of jellyfish and eel grass...YUCK!


I haven't quite gotten the whole tying it to my roof rack sorted out, but will learn with time. At least it didn't fly off yet.


one cool thing my kayak has is a place to secure the paddle for when you want to stop and take picures, a drink, etc. GOOD, so I won't lose the damn thing like if it flys off and floats away.


had the locals restless...a nice older couple that was out walking their dog stopped to confirm that I knew what the hell I was doing and that I knew how to swim, had a life jacket, that I wouldn't be going too far. heh heh...sweet old folks. I can see their point though, as I was alone, which can be dangerous if I haven't told anyone where I'm going or if something happens.

2 comments:

Big Hoser said...

Leave a note on your car. Post a note on your desk at work, or on the kitchen counter.

Or leave a message on your blog stating what you're doing...

Dreama said...

I have taken to leaving one on the door. Good idea though, I can leave on on my car as well, so if they find my car, they know just what I was up to.

 
Locations of visitors to this page