Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Some Things Just Don't Make Any Sense

like the cheque I got in the mail the other day for $ .01 - yup, a whole cent. I knew it was coming too, as my last Visa statement read I had one cent credit and I was planning on cancelling the card and closing the account. Of course, they cannot close it out as long as they have a balance, even one cent. I had been getting statements for months for this one cent. So I phoned them and told them to close the account and they told me they couldn't unless the cent was used up. I asked them how long they would continue to send me statements, costing them printing and postage. Answer was they would send them as long as the one cent remained. So I asked them why they couldn't just write it off somehow, and he told me they could and would. What I didn't realize is that they would send me a cheque for one cent, spending more money on a statement, a cheque and postage. And guess what. I'm not cashing the cheque. They have been bastards for years to me, hence the reason for paying off the card and closing the account. I hope it fucks up their books for a while.


the other thing that doesn't make any sense is concerning another piece of mail I received today. Remember the new sofa I bought at the going out of business sale...well they sent me a credit card for their store. Great. I'll use it now that you have boarded up the building. Sheesh, what assholes. They aren't a chain, just a family owned business, so where in the hell else am I going to use a credit card for Hassin's Furniture Store????


some things just don't make any sense.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page